How exciting- Grainne at An Irish Girl in Korea has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Grainne! For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Award gives lesser-known bloggers a chance to get to know, and better connect with, their peers. You can check out Grainne’s post here! Here are the rules:
- Thank and link the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers who you think deserve this award and link their blogs too.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you and also ask 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees.
- A talented writer and fellow Seoulite who has been to Peru, the Philippines and more- The Parrot on the Power Lines
- A guy whose awesome posts help me where to hike and go for dinner in Seoul: Derek Vs. Lonely Planet
- A Mexican girl living in Slovenia with a fantastic outlook on life: The Sunny Side of This (She probably has more than 200 followers overall, but not on WordPress specifically, so that counts 😉 )
- Documenting the best cafes in Europe: Take My Hand Dreamer
- A fellow English teacher I befriended while traveling in Beijing: Jaye at Itchy Feet.
- A girl whose gorgeous photos and informative posts are fueling my desire to go to Taiwan (and giving me tips on where to see in Korea!): Green After the Rain
- Sharing photos from Poland, Norway, Japan and more: The Traveler’s Notes
Seven is all I’ve got- I guess I don’t follow enough people, or the people that I do follow are too popular to be nominated! 😀
Here are my questions for you to answer:
- What’s one place in the world you are dying to go back to, and why?
- Share a funny travel story of a time when your plans went horribly wrong!
- What qualities do you most value in other people?
- Cats or dogs?
- What are your five most indispensable travel items?
- Would you rather spend a month in an icy winter wonderland or a sultry, exotic locale with sauna-like temperatures, and why?
- Who is the best travel companion you’ve ever had?
- What do you like most about your home city or country?
- I’ve adapted one question from Isabel’s Would You Rather post- would you rather bike between North and South America or across Eurasia?
- Who is/are your celebrity crush(es)?
- What are your biggest challenges/problems when it comes to blogging?
And here are my answers to the questions Grainne asked me:
- If you could choose one country to visit where would you choose and why?
I would say Japan or somewhere in Europe, but seeing as I do actually intend to visit these places in the fall let’s choose somewhere different. INDIA – for the food, the landscapes, the history and spirituality!
- What is the first thing that you do in the morning?
If I’m tired and want to prevent myself from falling asleep again, I’ll grab my phone and look at WordPress or Facebook to help get my brain active (terrible, I know). Usually, I like to stretch for a bit and then either throw on a Youtube workout video or boil some water for coffee.
- Why did you start blogging?
With the prospect of living abroad for a solid year, I thought this would be a nice way to keep friends and family back home up-to-date without having to recant the same tales numerous times. It leaves me free to share more of the little details and stories with each Skype call.
- How has blogging affected your life in a positive way?
Developing relationships with fellow bloggers has really given me the motivation to keep improving my writing and photography. I’m so grateful for all of you who take the time to comment and like my posts- it really pushes me to keep posting! Keeping this blog active for nearly eight months now has given me a great sense of accomplishment- this is one project I haven’t grown bored with!
- If you could be any animal what would it be?
Probably a peregrine falcon, so I could enjoy a birds-eye view of the world while traveling around at rapid speeds.
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
Inquisitive, adventurous, balanced (usually!)
- Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
Hmm, this is a hard question to answer. I mean, it’s hard to say where I’ll be even in 5 years’ time. I don’t even have 2020 vision 😉
My birthday is in two days, and it’s hard to wrap my head around the idea of being 26, let alone 36! I hope to be more focused, career-wise, whether that be in an environmental science position or another field entirely. I hope to have a wonderful long-term partner at that stage, a solid community of friends and acquaintances with diverse interests and hobbies, and probably a cat or dog (or two!)
- The mountains or the sea, which would you choose?
It’s interesting, because the mountains are right outside my window- but overall, I love being along the ocean.
- Do you like or dislike meeting new people? Why?
I love it! Absolutely! I can feel a bit uncomfortable and nervous at first, but once I relax and start connecting with people I enjoy it greatly. A drink or two always helps 😀
- What do you value most in life?
I value strong friendships and relationships- being in regular contact with people who are intelligent, supportive and inspiring. I value the opportunity to learn new things in life and not become stagnant.
- If you were a character from a movie or a different world (e.g. from space), who or what would you be, and what would your story be?
I would love to say I’d be Captain Jack Harkness, but I know I’ll never be quite as badass as he is. I do, however, think I have what it takes to be a great companion, especially if the Doctor in question is Ten.
That’s a wrap- I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me. Thanks again for the nomination, Grainne, and I look forward to hearing your responses, nominees! 🙂